Cosmetic surgery is a unique discipline of medicine focused on enhancing appearance through surgical and medical techniques. Cosmetic surgery can be performed on all areas of the head, neck and body. Cosmetic surgery is considered elective, because
treated areas function properly but lack aesthetic appeal.
Choosing your cosmetic surgeon should be based on several parameters:
- Does your cosmetic surgeon have adequate residency training related to the procedures they perform in practice?
- Does your cosmetic surgeon have experience in the performance of these procedures in private practice since he/she completed his/her residency?
- Does your cosmetic surgeon have Fellowship Training beyond residency which focused specifically on cosmetic surgery?
- Do you feel comfortable that your cosmetic surgeon understands your concerns and goals?
- Do you feel that your cosmetic surgeon cares about your safety and utilizes current state-of-the-art technology to minimize risk, minimize incisions and maximize benefits?
- Is your cosmetic surgeon focused on continuing education?
- Is your cosmetic surgeon a teacher of other surgeons?
- Does your cosmetic surgeon seem to have a gentle bedside manner?
Dr. Lee can answer a simple "yes" to all of these important questions.