Before I.V. Sedation / General Anesthesia
- You may NOT have anything to eat or drink after midnight (12 AM) the day of your scheduled procedure.
- You must have a responsible adult accompany you to your surgery and remain in the facility for the entire length of your procedure.
- All female patients are required to have a urine pregnancy test upon arrival to the facility on the day of surgery, this is not optional.
- You must have a responsible adult remain with you following surgery for 24 hours.
- You cannot drive, operate heavy machinery, sign legal documents, or care for small children for at least 24 hours following surgery.
- Cumberland Surgical Arts and Associates, does not recommend driving while taking narcotic pain medication
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow, and low heeled shoes.
- Please remove all body piercing jewelry and nail polish prior to surgery
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify your doctor prior to your scheduled surgery.
- If you take routine oral medications please check with your doctor prior to your scheduled surgery for instructions.
- If you are an asthmatic patient, please bring your inhaler with you the day of surgery.
I. V. sedation in the office setting is a safe procedure. It is your responsibility as a patient to follow these guidelines to help ensure a safe experience. Please understand that if you do not follow these instructions your surgery will be cancelled and rescheduled for the next available time. This is strictly for your safety as the patient.